Clarabella Speaks.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves" - Shakespeare

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Diary of a Parisian Office Worker: A pomegranate a day keeps the drama away.

Yet another drama free day! Hell to the yes. Although to be fair, when I started the day with my first bowl of pomegranates in 3 weeks it could only be good. I may have gone into work this morning with said bowl of pomegranates in tow and breakfasted in the middle of reading last night's emails, but that was only because I spent a lil' extra time on today's outfit choice. If you don't think it shows just keep that to yourself.



I'm starting to notice the results of my aversion to buying accessories so might have to take a little trip to Zara soon. My feet are also starting to notice the effects of 3 consecutive heel-wearing days, but they're just going to have to lump it because I'm having too much fun playing grown-up!

I also have exciting news: this evening I met two actual French people and spoke actual French that consisted in more than "je vais vous passer à mon collègue". A fair percentage of this 'French' may have been spanish, but at least I've got one language down, and the resemblance of a social life.

Hate to break it to y'all but that is all for tonight because lucky me has a gruelling 4.30 am start for a hostess job (no, not that type of hostess). The wonderful suit is hanging staring at me and both my alarm clocks - the office insisted in giving me a second one for some reason - are set. Bit nerveuse, but I am getting paid almost 2 days wages so one must not complain (don't get excited, I earn 3 euros an hour). Paris gets more glamorous by the day.

Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment