Clarabella Speaks.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves" - Shakespeare

Sunday, 5 February 2012

A little bit of hope goes a long way...

Is anyone else quickly falling out of love with SS12 high street collections? I know I'm fussy but they seem to be lacking in many remarkable and exciting pieces. I guess the season is still young (premature in fact), and the unwelcome arrival of snow this weekend has banished any thought of an outfit comprising of less than 4 layers to the back of our minds, so we should definitely not lose hope yet. To help us keep the faith, I thought I'd give you my run down of the 'Best of SS12 (so far)'. These are the pieces that give us a glimmer of hope that there is a light (sun and exciting wardrobe prospects) at the end of the tunnel.

     First up: Topshop. I spent the best part of 30 minutes in the changing rooms on Friday and came away with nothing except the confirmation that overindulgence over Christmas combined with a lazy January doesn't go unpunished. Durham Topshop is, nonetheless (and thankfully), a small store, so my choice was limited, and hence didn't include these beauties (at least this is how the website would lead me to describe them)...












































These pieces include a real mixture of elegance and fun which is what makes them stand out for me. I still lie in hope, however, that the best of Topshop SS12 is still to come!

Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment