- This is at the top of my list because it causes me the most problems when I don't do it - When I see something I want I will buy it. This may sound like a recipe for disaster for someone on a student budget but let me tell you, it isn't. Anyone who knows me will know how specific my taste is and so when I pass up on the opportunity to buy something in the hope of finding something slightly better or cheaper I am essentially setting myself an impossible task that involves hours of fruitless internet trailing. For example, I saw this shirt in November but I didn't really want to spend £60 on it so I thought I'd find something cheaper. Turns out I can't and now it's sold out, if anything I should have bought 2.
- This is the scary one because if I fail you will all know - I will update my blog at least twice a week. Have faith!
- On the same note, I will read many more fashion blogs because I haven't even scratched the surface.
- Perhaps the least practical one given that I live in a 'city' full of cobbled streets and hills but I will wear heels more often. All the 'power women' (me in 10 years i hope) are doing it and at 5"4 people will probably barely notice when I do.
- Finally the most difficult - challenge myself style wise and branch out a little more. Apparently I am very closed-minded so this will be interesting. Can I do it? I'll keep you posted.
To finish, some wonderful quotes from some wonderful people to influence your fashion decisions of 2012 and beyond...I couldn't decide which one was best so I'll leave that decision up to you!
“Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you.”
“Style is a simple way of saying complicated things.”
“What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.”
“I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.”—Coco Chanel
“Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.”
- Lauren Hutton