Clarabella Speaks.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves" - Shakespeare

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Oh baby...

Far be it from me to be a girly girl who will pick anything if it's pink. No. My weakness is embellishement, which may not seem much better, but anyway that's not the point...the point is that I am finding myself drawn to baby pink more and more. What is going on?! The latest object of my affection is this Topshop holdall.


Arm-candy is perhaps an especially appropriate term, given that it is the colour of candy-floss. Nonetheless, you have to admit that is really rather fetch and it could definitely be brought out on Wednesdays (spot the Mean Girls fan)! In fact I think I'd bring it out most days. If ever a bag held the promise of Spring it is this one. Maybe that's why I like it so much, or maybe it's because it is chic and fun and, wait for it, practical! Either way we shouldn't have to justify why we like something. I stumbled across these words of wisdom last week and maybe we should (at least I definitely should) take heed...

"If we let ourselves get even a little bit carried away we can surprise ourselves. For many people fashion gives them a way to express themselves, but if we let it, if we search for that (fashion moment) feeling instead of searching for that specific item, it can also give us a way to learn about ourselves and to express a side we didn't even know we had."

I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to discover that I'm a secret barbie girl, but if it does, at least I'll be doing it in style! Style is having the courage of your convictions, so be brave!

Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment